Bolingbrook

Nonfiction, Travel, Pictorials, Art & Architecture, Photography, History
Cover of the book Bolingbrook by Village of Bolingbrook Historic Preservation Commission, Arcadia Publishing Inc.
View on Amazon View on AbeBooks View on Kobo View on B.Depository View on eBay View on Walmart
Author: Village of Bolingbrook Historic Preservation Commission ISBN: 9781439651995
Publisher: Arcadia Publishing Inc. Publication: June 22, 2015
Imprint: Arcadia Publishing Language: English
Author: Village of Bolingbrook Historic Preservation Commission
ISBN: 9781439651995
Publisher: Arcadia Publishing Inc.
Publication: June 22, 2015
Imprint: Arcadia Publishing
Language: English

The intersection of I-55 and Illinois Route 53, a major north-south road in DuPage Township, became a stopping-off place for travelers after the US government paved Route 66, the "Mother Road," into four lanes in 1959. West Hill Construction Company, or rather "Mr. Dover," launched an advertising campaign that promised housing developments for a youthful population wanting their own home and wide-open spaces to raise children. A 1960 plat map filed in Will County shows the first five lots for Bolingbrook subdivision unit one along Route 53. Within five years, Westbury, Colonial Village, and King's Park were built, and 5,000 people accepted Mr. Dover's invitation to buy a home. Bolingbrook incorporated five years later in October 1965. Today, 50 years later, Bolingbrook contains 23,665 housing units spread over 25 square miles and is home to a diverse population of 74,411. How Bolingbrook grew from "Pathways of the Past and Future" to "A Place to Grow" is an interesting story to celebrate.

View on Amazon View on AbeBooks View on Kobo View on B.Depository View on eBay View on Walmart

The intersection of I-55 and Illinois Route 53, a major north-south road in DuPage Township, became a stopping-off place for travelers after the US government paved Route 66, the "Mother Road," into four lanes in 1959. West Hill Construction Company, or rather "Mr. Dover," launched an advertising campaign that promised housing developments for a youthful population wanting their own home and wide-open spaces to raise children. A 1960 plat map filed in Will County shows the first five lots for Bolingbrook subdivision unit one along Route 53. Within five years, Westbury, Colonial Village, and King's Park were built, and 5,000 people accepted Mr. Dover's invitation to buy a home. Bolingbrook incorporated five years later in October 1965. Today, 50 years later, Bolingbrook contains 23,665 housing units spread over 25 square miles and is home to a diverse population of 74,411. How Bolingbrook grew from "Pathways of the Past and Future" to "A Place to Grow" is an interesting story to celebrate.

More books from Arcadia Publishing Inc.

Cover of the book Gadsden by Village of Bolingbrook Historic Preservation Commission
Cover of the book Ann Arbor in the 19th Century by Village of Bolingbrook Historic Preservation Commission
Cover of the book Hidden History of Pittsburgh by Village of Bolingbrook Historic Preservation Commission
Cover of the book The Austin Dam Disaster of 1900 by Village of Bolingbrook Historic Preservation Commission
Cover of the book The Strand Theatre Fire: The 1941 Brockton Tragedy and the Fallen Thirteen by Village of Bolingbrook Historic Preservation Commission
Cover of the book Ghosts of Berkeley County, South Carolina by Village of Bolingbrook Historic Preservation Commission
Cover of the book The Heart of Branson: The Entertaining Families of America's Live Music Show Capital by Village of Bolingbrook Historic Preservation Commission
Cover of the book New Mexico Cocktails by Village of Bolingbrook Historic Preservation Commission
Cover of the book Treason in the Rockies by Village of Bolingbrook Historic Preservation Commission
Cover of the book Matunuck by Village of Bolingbrook Historic Preservation Commission
Cover of the book Irvington by Village of Bolingbrook Historic Preservation Commission
Cover of the book Joint Base Langley-Eustis by Village of Bolingbrook Historic Preservation Commission
Cover of the book Flagstaff by Village of Bolingbrook Historic Preservation Commission
Cover of the book The Picture Man: From the Collection of Bay Area Photographer E.F. Joseph 1927-1979 by Village of Bolingbrook Historic Preservation Commission
Cover of the book Port Townsend by Village of Bolingbrook Historic Preservation Commission
We use our own "cookies" and third party cookies to improve services and to see statistical information. By using this website, you agree to our Privacy Policy